General Acceptable Use Policy
GalkaHost strives to maintain a high-level of service, and a lot of customers depend on our high standards of quality. As such, we will not provide services to those that are using our services for:
- - Hacking, which includes, for example penetrating or attempting to access, without authorization, another computer or network. Port scans, stealth scans, and fraudulent credit card "phishing" techniques are also prohibited;
- - Hosting of files or other data that infringes on another's copyright or other intellectual property rights;
- - Spamming, or sending of bulk unsolicited email. We maintain a strict policy on spamming, which includes the sending of unauthorized commercial messages by use of our services, or by maintaining an open SMTP connection. We reserve the right to refuse or terminate service based on reasonable indications that you are engaged in spamming of any sort;
- - Uploading or linking to any content that violates another's right of publicity or privacy
- - Distributing hate speech, or any other content that is obscene, abusing, which could be considered libelous and defamatory;
- - Hosting, storing or distributing information about selling any drugs;
- - Hosting, storing or distributing information about financial pyramids;
- - Hosting, storing or distributing child pornography. If any such content is found and brought to our attention, the proper law enforcement agencies will be notified.
- - Hosting, storing or distributing pornographic illegal material (zoo/scat/etc);
- - Hosting or distributing any type of TOR/VPN/proxy-anonymizer services;
- - Hosting or running any type of BitTorrent software;
- - Placing undue burden, whether with intent or not, on our server(s) or network(s), or third party vendors' server(s) or network(s). You agree that we may place restrictions on, or terminate, services dependent on the extent that they exceed the use of services by similarly situated customers;
- - We retain the right, at our discretion, to refuse to provide new service to any individual, group or business, or to discontinue providing services if we deem that your services or actions negatively impact the stability of our platforms and/or our ability to provide services to our clients.
Shared Hosting Addendum
The following statements pertain exclusively to shared hosting products.
- - Using shared hosting as backup storage. All stored files that reside on your account must be directly related to your web site. Archiving MP3, video, images or backups is prohibited on shared hosting packages. If you need these abilities we recommend that you upgrade to a virtual or dedicated server;
- - Running any script/process/etc that adversely affects the ability of any other customer to satisfactorily use their provided services. This includes, but is not limited to, CPU-intensive CGI/PHP scripts and websites for which the scale of traffic has exceeded the acceptable limits of a shared hosting environment.
- - Running any process that opens a network socket to accept connections from external networks. Processes are allowed to bind to the local host only, but are held to the limitations placed on all other processes. They must not use up more than their fair share of resources and they must not interfere with any other customers’ activities.